What's happening with the Party Reform Commission?

aka the Bones commission: do any of my fellow Lib Dems know?

My undestanding is that they were going to report after the May elections and whilst I know there has been some additional consultation going on with local parties, is there an updated timetable?

Or did we decide to delay the strategic reform required to ensure a step change in our electoral success, to fight 2 by elections on a purely tactical basis? (Although if someone could tell me what the tactical advantage was, that'd be great). Maybe I should just go and find a wall to hit my head against.

Just to put it in perspective, the costs of just one by election could have been invested in employing a full time (maybe even two, depending on the level of experience that you want) organisational change professional for a year and you could implement the commissions findings (whatever they are) in a fraction of the time and actually enable allow us to deliver on Nick's objectives of 150 MPs within 2 elections.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
3 Jul 2008, 12:02:00

There was a further invitation for submissions on various specific issues, the dealine for which was 22 May if I recall correctly.

There may have been discussion of it at the English Council on 21 June but I'm not sure. I was absent because of a wedding.

Your Regional officers may be able to help.

Hywel said...
3 Jul 2008, 12:11:00

I think your right to have a bit of concern about the timetable slippage - but I'd rather it addressed the right questions, got the right answers and had wide support than be rushed to meet an arbitrary deadline.

Anonymous said...
3 Jul 2008, 14:01:00

The Reform Commission reported to the Federal Executive in June. Presumably information about its report will be released to the wider party over the summer.

Back to Home Back to Top Jo Christie-Smith. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.